Health Care Financing & Economics (HCFE)
Note: Some Working Papers have been revised and can be found on the Data Brief Page
- Prentice JC, Davies ML, Pizer SD. Consult Timeliness Strongly Predicts Patient Satisfaction. HCFE Working Paper No. 2015-02.
- Pizer S. Falsification Testing of Instrumental Variables Methods forComparative Effectiveness Research. HCFE Working Paper No. 2015-01.
- Prentice JC, Conlin PR, Gellad WF, Edelman D, Lee TA, Pizer SD. Long-term Sulfonylurea use increases risks among patients with type 2diabetes. HCFE Working Paper No. 2014-01.
- Prentice JC, Davies ML, Pizer SD. Expanding the Definition of Outpatient Wait Times to Predict Patient Satisfaction: Harnessing the Power of Administrative Data in a Cross-Sectional Study. HCFE Working Paper No. 2012-01.
- Frakt AB, Pizer SD, Feldman R. Should Medicare adopt the Veterans Health Administration Formulary? HCFE Working Paper No. 2011-04.
- Pizer SD, Frakt AB, Iezzoni LI. The effect of health reform on public and private insurance in the long run. HCFE Working Paper No. 2011-03.
- Frakt A. Estimating hospital cost shift rates: A practitioners' guide. HCFE Working Paper No. 2011-02.
- Frakt A. How much do hospitals cost shift? A review of the evidence. HCFE Working Paper No. 2011-01.
- Wolfsfeld L, Hendricks A, Gardner J, Shreve ST. Setting a Standard for a Hospice or Palliative Care Referral for Acute Cancer Inpatients. HCFE Working Paper No. 2010-01.
- Prentice J. Drug Coverage Transitions and Non-adherence to Medication for Hypertension. HCFE Working Paper No. 2008-01.
- Pizer S, Gardner J, Wolfsfeld L. An Empirical Method For Measuring The Restrictiveness Of State Medicaid Programs. HCFE Working Paper No. 2007-03.*
- Pizer SD, Wang M, Comstock C. You get what you pay for: Using input prices to validate quality of care measures. HCFE Working Paper No. 2004-01.
- Pizer SD, Wang M, Comstock C. Preventable hospitalization as a measure of quality of care in nursing homes. HCFE Working Paper No. 2003-01.
- Frakt A, Pizer SD, Wrobel M. Insuring the Uninsurable: The Growth of High-Risk Pools. HCFE Working Paper No. 2002-01.
- Pizer SD, White C, White A. Comparing the Accuracy of Two Resident Classification Systems for the Medicare Skilled Nursing Facility Prospective Payment System. HCFE Working Paper No. 2000-01.
*Available by request. Please contact Yumiko Stenstrum at 857-364-6058 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.